Omori Machinery Acquires Dutch Distributor Selo in Joint Investment with the Development Bank of Japan
June 19, 2015
In a joint investment with the Development Bank of Japan (President: Toru Hashimoto, hereafter referred to as "DBJ"), Omori Machinery Co., Ltd. (President: Toshio Omori; hereafter referred to as "the Company") acquired the Company's Dutch distributor, the Selo Group (hereafter referred to as "Selo").
Selo has acted as a distributor for the Company for over 30 years, and provides engineering services for manufacturing lines including packaging machinery.
Selo is renowned amongst customers, both at home and abroad, for its outstanding technical development capabilities which led to the development of reclosable packs for sliced ham and cheeses, which has become a mainstay in the Netherlands, among other development achievements.
Selo has an expansive sales network that spans the entire European continent with locations in the U.K., Germany, France, Denmark and Belgium, in addition to the Netherlands. This acquisition was made with the consent of both parties with the intention of further expanding the Company's sales reach in the European market.
The Company is also aggressively pursuing other avenues of overseas expansion, such as its entry into the Indian market two years ago. DBJ provided funding for this acquisition in recognition of the Company's initiative to bolster its competitiveness.
The two companies jointly established a special purpose acquisition company in Japan which was used to buy out Selo.
The current management team is set to continue to perform management duties. We will share our corporate philosophy of "The pursuit of Total User Satisfaction, through the creation of innovative production and packaging systems. The development of Team OMORI towards being Global leader in our field, contributing to the well-being of colleagues and communities - locally, regionally, nationally and Worldwide." company-wide in striving to deliver packaging solutions to as many customers as possible both at home and abroad.
- Company name
- Selo Group
- Oldenzaal, the Netherlands
- Manufacturing and sale of food processing machinery and packaging machinery, etc.
- No. of employees
- October 04, 2018
- Omori India Completes and Operates a New Factory
- September 03, 2018
- An interview with the CEO of Omori machinery Co.,Ltd was published on “The World folio”
- November 13, 2017
- Omori Completes Acquisition of BOC shares
- June 26, 2017
- Notice on the "Public Memorial Service for Shozo Omori"
- June 01, 2017
- [Obituary] Notice of the Company Founder's (currently Honorary Chairman) Passing
- December 17, 2015
- Omori Europe Awarded the "Deshima Netherlands Award 2015"
- September 21, 2015
- Omori India Made a Wholly Owned Subsidiary - Acquisition of Stock Held by Previous Owners
- June 19, 2015
- Omori Machinery Acquires Dutch Distributor Selo in Joint Investment with the Development Bank of Japan
- October 2, 2013
- Omori Announces the Acquisition of Multi Pack Systems in India
Consultation / question on packagingCustomer Service Center
Free Dial (Toll free telephone number)0120-89-2180
Customers who have trouble with machine problemsAfter-Sales Service Department
Order partsParts Department